Electric Roof Heating Cables Utah
A SIMPLE SOLUTION
TO AVOID COSTLY ICE DAMS
Because of the extreme temperatures reached during Utah winters, ice dam buildup is a very common and costly condition for homeowners. Neglected ice dam buildup can result in any of the following costly situations:
- Roof leakage in springtime
- Water expansion under roof shingles
- Mold accumulation
- Inconvenient and possibly dangerous icicle buildup - causing accidents
Roof Heating Cable (also known as roof heat tape) is a system of electrical heating elements that run through gutters and other rooftop areas. The purpose of placing heat cables is to prevent the buildup of ice and snow in areas that would keep moisture from running off the roof or seeming into your attic: this occurrence is known as an ice dam buildup.
By installing a heat cable system on your roof, you afford yourself a complete sense of security against costly water damage and/or accidents. Piece of mind is such a priceless commodity, and with Any Hour Service, you will be completely satisfied with your results. Every single one of our certified, trained, and experienced technicians are clean cut and professional. We are Utah's choice provider of heat cable installation.
Standard Contact Form
What causes ice dams?
An ice dam is a ridge of ice that forms at the edge of a roof and prevents melting snow from draining off. The water that backs up behind the dam can leak into a home and cause damage to walls, ceilings insulation and other parts of the house.
An ice dam might form when...
- There is snow on the roof
- Average outside temperature is below 32°
- Roof surface temperature is above 32° at it’s higher end and below 32° at it’s lower end.
How it forms
- Indoor heating rises through the ceiling into the attic and warms the roof surface
- Snow on the heated part of the roof melts and flows down until it reaches that part of the roof that is below 32°. Water freezes into an ice dam.
- The dam grows as it is fed by melting snow above, but water held by the dam backs up and stays liquid.
- Eventually, the water finds cracks in the roof covering and flows into the attic from where it could seep through the ceiling and interior walls.
Roof Heat Cable Installation to Prevent Ice Dams and Water Damage in Utah
We provide residential and commercial heat cable installation and repairs and we will send our qualified journeyman in Utah to handle all your heating needs. Every tech at Any Hour Services is licensed, insured and highly experienced to handle all roofing heat cable installation and repair issues.
When dealing with ice build-up or ice dam issues in your home, you want techs who know what they are doing, gives you prices before any work begins, and can get the job done the SAME DAY! That is why our slogan is ANY JOB, ANY SIZE, ANY HOUR!
Our techs are prepped and ready to service all your furnace, heat pumps, AC units, ductwork, forced air, gas lines, fireplace, and more. Call Any Hour to schedule your heating and air appointment today and see why we are Utah's favorite residential or commercial furnace and a/c service experts!
Heat Cable Installation Services Throughout Utah!
Our expert electricians provide heat cable installation services to Utah residents all along the Wasatch Front (and the Wasatch Back). These areas include Salt Lake County, Utah County, Summit County and Weber / Davis County and all their major metropolitan areas such as Salt Lake City, Orem / Provo, Ogden / Layton, Spanish Fork, Tooele, Lehi / Saratoga Springs / Eagle Mountain / Cedar Hills, Highland / Alpine / Cedar Hills, Draper / Sandy, South Jordan / West Jordan, Riverton, West Valley, and even Park City and Heber!