How To Test Your Sump Pump
If you have a sump pump it is important to test it periodically and make sure it is still working the way it was designed. Pumps can get clogged, jammed, or just go bad over time.
We made the video above to explain some basic things you can do to check and troubleshoot your sump pump. If the following steps don’t work, we have technicians that are able to help.
Test The Pump
- Remove the sump lid and dump a five-gallon bucket of water in
- If the pump comes on and pumps the water out, you’re good
- If the pump does not come on proceed to basic troubleshooting
- Check for a tripped GFCI outlet
- Check for a tripped breaker
- If that fixes it, monitor to make sure power doesn’t go out again. If the power continues to go out, have a professional check to see if there is a bigger problem with the pump or the electrical.
- If there is power at the outlet, check the plug for the pump separately from the plug for the switch
- If none of those things work, contact a professional
If your sump pump stops working and you don’t catch it in time, you can experience flooding and be faced with costly repairs. A little preventative maintenance can save you thousands of dollars in remodeling or restoration costs.
$29 Sump Pump Tune-Up ($149 value)
One of our technicians will come to your home and perform the recommended maintenance and testing checklist to insure proper function.
10% Off New Sump Pump
Take 10% off any new sump pump replacement.
Join our email list to get access to weekly emails with helpful videos, educational articles, and DIY home maintenance guides.
Other helpful resourses:
🛠️ DIY videos from Any Hour Services
🎙️ Listen to Our Podcast - In the House
🎥 Watch our VLOG - Along For The Ride
Author: Nathanael Stuver
Copyright © 2023 by Any Hour Services