Electrical heat cable installation
Because of the extreme temperatures reached during Utah winters, ice dam buildup is a very common and costly condition for homeowners. Neglected ice dam buildup can result in any of the following costly situations:
- Roof leakage in springtime
- Water expansion under roof shingles
- Mold accumulation
- Inconvenient and possibly dangerous icicle buildup - causing accidents
Roof Heating Cable (also known as roof heat tape) is a system of electrical heating elements that run through gutters and other rooftop areas. The purpose of placing heat cables is to prevent the buildup of ice and snow in areas that would keep moisture from running off the roof or seeming into your attic: this occurrence is known as an ice dam buildup. By installing a heat cable system on your roof, you afford yourself a complete sense of security against costly water damage and/or accidents.
How Any Hour Services can help with your electrical needs
Any Hour Services started as an Electrical company in 1961. Today, our electricians help thousands of homeowners across the Wasatch Front with electrical projects in their homes. Any Hour Services wants you to feel comfortable having our electricians in your home.
We've trained the technician that comes to your home to:
- Respect you, your home and your time
- Listen to and understand your unique situation
- Help you understand what options are available
- Present you with a price before the work begins
- Happily perform the work you choose
It's also important to have a technician that is:
- Licensed, certified, bonded and insured
- Background-checked and drug-tested
- Technically competent and proficient
- Up-to-date on the latest safety codes and industry standards
- Trustworthy in your home and around your family
Committed to Customer Service
We’ll never rush you into a decision, but will take the time to help you understand your electrical problem. There’s no such thing as too many questions. We know you have lots of choices as far as electricians. We want to help and hope you will give us an opportunity to prove the things listed above are not just a list on a website but the way we strive to do business.
If you still have questions or would like to schedule heat cable installation estimate, give us a call and let us know how we can help.
"I got the impression that one of the company values is to provide good service, to provide what you need, and to not push you to do things that you don't really need...I am very happy with the service."
"..I am very happy with the service."
Sign up for early access to monthly promotions!
What causes ice dams?
An ice dam is a ridge of ice that forms at the edge of a roof and prevents melting snow from draining off. The water that backs up behind the dam can leak into a home and cause damage to walls, ceilings insulation and other parts of the house.
An ice dam might form when...
- There is snow on the roof
- Average outside temperature is below 32°
- Roof surface temperature is above 32° at it’s higher end and below 32° at it’s lower end.
How it forms
- Indoor heating rises through the ceiling into the attic and warms the roof surface
- Snow on the heated part of the roof melts and flows down until it reaches that part of the roof that is below 32°. Water freezes into an ice dam.
- The dam grows as it is fed by melting snow above, but water held by the dam backs up and stays liquid.
- Eventually, the water finds cracks in the roof covering and flows into the attic from where it could seep through the ceiling and interior walls.