Electrical heat cable installation
The cold and snowy winters of Utah commonly cause build up of heavy snow and ice on residential roofs. Ice dams can form when snow doesn't melt off of a roof quickly enough and it can lead to roof damage and costly repairs if not addressed. Neglected ice dam buildup can result in any of the following costly situations:
- Roof leakage
- Expansion and swelling roof shingles
- Mold accumulation
- Buildup of sharp and dangerous icicles
Roof Heating Cable (also known as roof heat tape) is a system of electrical heating elements that run through gutters and other rooftop areas. Heat tape keeps your roof warm in the winter, effectively preventing the buildup of ice and snow. By installing a heat cable system on your roof, you afford yourself a complete sense of security against costly water damage and/or accidents.
How Any Hour Services can help with your electrical needs
Any Hour Services started as an Electrical company in 1961. Today, our electricians help thousands of homeowners across the Wasatch Front with electrical projects in their homes. Any Hour Services wants you to feel comfortable having our electricians in your home.
We've trained the technician that comes to your home to:
- Respect you, your home and your time
- Listen to and understand your unique situation
- Help you understand what options are available
- Present you with a price before the work begins
- Happily perform the work you choose
It's also important to have a technician that is:
- Licensed, certified, bonded and insured
- Background-checked and drug-tested
- Technically competent and proficient
- Up-to-date on the latest safety codes and industry standards
- Trustworthy in your home and around your family
Committed to Customer Service
We’ll never rush you into a decision, but will take the time to help you understand your electrical problem. There’s no such thing as too many questions. We know you have lots of choices as far as electricians. We want to help and hope you will give us an opportunity to prove the things listed above are not just a list on a website but the way we strive to do business.
If you still have questions or would like to schedule heat cable installation estimate, give us a call and let us know how we can help.
Roger & Allene's Story
"This is an older home, and things wear out. We're a senior couple, on a limited income, so we have to work that into a budget. Now that we know the quality of the work that we get from Any Hour, they will be our company for plumbing or anything else we need."
"...they will be our company for plumbing or anything else we need."
Sign up for early access to monthly promotions!
What causes ice dams?
An ice dam is a ridge of ice that forms at the edge of a roof and prevents melting snow from draining off. The water that backs up behind the dam can leak into a home and cause damage to walls, ceilings insulation and other parts of the house.
An ice dam might form when...
- There is snow on the roof
- Average outside temperature is below 32°
- Roof surface temperature is above 32° at it’s higher end and below 32° at it’s lower end.
How it forms
- Indoor heating rises through the ceiling into the attic and warms the roof surface
- Snow on the warmer part of the roof melts and flows down until it reaches the part of the roof that is below 32°. Water freezes into an ice dam.
- The dam grows as it is fed by melting snow above, causing a back up of warmer, liquid water above.
- Eventually, the water finds cracks in the roof covering and flows into the attic, where it can seep through the ceiling and interior walls.