Utah Plumbers Near You
The strength and speed at which water comes out of your plumbing fixtures is determined by water pressure. The water pressure in the average household ranges between 45 psi and 80 psi. Ideally, the water pressure in your home should be around 50-60 psi for comfortable bathing and cleaning. If you are experiencing issues with your water pressure, Any Hour is the plumber near you that you can count on for assistance.
Water Pressure Too Low
Low water pressure makes showering, cleaning or washing dishes nearly impossible. A slow, dripping stream of water is the most obvious sign of low water pressure. Common causes of low water pressure include:
- Outdated Fixtures - Sometimes low water pressure is caused by outdated fixtures. Over the years, mineral deposits and grime can build up in fixtures and this can disrupt the flow of water, causing low pressure.
- Outdated Pipes - Most piping materials have a 30-year life expectancy. Minerals can build up inside your pipes, reducing the pipe's capacity to deliver water to your fixtures.
- Faulty Water Pressure Regulator - Problems with your water pressure regulator can cause both low and high pressure.
- Shut Off Valves - Water flow in your home is controlled by shut off valves. If these are not functioning properly, you will experience little to no water pressure.
- Improper Pipe Sizing - Commonly due to additions or remodeling.
Water Pressure Too High
While higher water pressure may feel nice in the shower, it can damage your plumbing fixtures, cause leaks throughout your household, and cause premature wear and tear on your entire plumbing system.
- Poorly functioning plumbing fixtures
- Loud hammering noises in your pipes
- Leaky or dripping faucets
- High water bills
High water pressure is usually caused by how close you live to your city's water supply and the pressure that the water supplier has set. A professional plumber can help you reduce the effects of high water pressure by installing a water pressure regulator.
Contact A Plumber Near You Today
Whether your water pressure is too low or too high, you'll need professional assistance for a solution. The Any Hour plumbing company in Utah is here to help. We have assisted hundreds of homeowners with water pressure problems. Contact us today and see what we can do for you!
Dennis and Gail's Story
"The things that liked about working with Any Hour is that I had all the professionals in one place. I was not having to call three different locations for an electrician, a plumber or whatever... it was under one name. They are a one stop shop. It's been a great experience for us. I highly recommend Any Hour do your job. If you want it done right, you have them do it."
"...If you want it done right, you have Any Hour do it."