Utah Heat Tape Installation
A SIMPLE SOLUTION
TO AVOID COSTLY ICE DAMS
Extreme temperatures are reached during Utah winters, causing minor to extreme ice dam buildup. Ice dams are very common and costly for homeowners. This is because ice dam buildup can result in any of the following costly situations:
- Springtime roof leaks
- Water expansion under roof shingles
- Mold accumulation
- Inconvenient and possibly dangerous icicle buildup - causing accidents
Heat tape (also known as heat cables) is a system of electrical heating elements that run through gutters and other rooftop areas. The purpose of placing heat tape is to prevent the buildup of ice and snow in areas that would keep moisture from running off the roof or seeming into your attic: this occurrence is known as an ice dam buildup.
By installing a heat tape system on your Utah roof, you afford yourself a complete sense of security against costly water damage and/or accidents. Piece of mind is such a priceless commodity, and with Any Hour Service, you will be completely satisfied with your results. Every single one of our certified, trained, and experienced technicians are clean cut and professional. We are Utah's choice provider of heat tape installation.
Standard Contact Form
What causes ice dams in Utah?
An ice dam is caused when a ridge of ice forms at the edge of a roof and prevents melting snow from draining off. The water that backs up behind the dam can leak into a home and cause damage to walls, ceilings insulation and other parts of the house.
An ice dam might form in Utah when...
- There is snow on the roof
- Average outside temperature is below 32°
- Roof surface temperature is above 32° at it’s higher end and below 32° at it’s lower end.
How Ice Dams form
- Indoor heating rises through the ceiling into the attic and warms the roof surface
- Snow on the heated part of the roof melts and flows down until it reaches that part of the roof that is below 32°. Water freezes into an ice dam.
- The dam grows as it is fed by melting snow above, but water held by the dam backs up and stays liquid.
- Eventually, the water finds cracks in the roof covering and flows into the attic from where it could seep through the ceiling and interior walls.
Schedule Your Heat Tape Installation or Repair Service
Heat Tape Installation for Ice Dams in Utah
We provide residential and commercial heat cable installation and repairs and we will send our qualified journeyman in Utah to handle all your heating needs. Every tech at Any Hour Services is licensed, insured and highly experienced to handle all heat tape installation and repair issues.
When dealing with ice build-up or ice dam issues in your home, you want techs who know what they are doing, gives you prices before any work begins, and can get the job done the SAME DAY! That is why our slogan is ANY JOB, ANY SIZE, ANY HOUR!
Our techs are prepped and ready to service all your furnace, heat pumps, AC units, ductwork, forced air, gas lines, fireplace, and more. Call Any Hour to schedule your heating and air appointment today and see why we are Utah's favorite residential or commercial furnace and a/c service experts!